Skip to content
12 Steps Intro to Container Gardening
- Start off with a lovely container (be sure it has drain holes) and place it where it is going to live before you fill with heavy soil.
- Chose plants that are related by flower color and sun tolerance. Vary in some plants with texture and with varying heights.
- Wear gloves! Makes cleanup easier at the end and doesn’t dry out your skin.
- Add Filter Fabric (Weed Block Fabric) to the bottom of the containerLearn more https://youtu.be/-tSVmLZXn98?t=31
- Mix in equal parts Superfine Soil Conditioner
- Mix in equal parts ProMix Peat Moss
- Mix in equal parts Compost
- Leave a few inches at the top and then position your plants with the taller plants in the middle.
- Use ground covers along the edge to eventually drape down the outside of the pot.
- Water with a gentle stream being careful not to knock out the soil.
- Brush off your container to look perfectly polished!
- Now take a photo and post it via Instagram and tag us (@gardenwise.co) so we can see your lovely work!